Monday, March 06, 2006

GMA Oscars- High Tech Swag in the Gift Bags


I spent Saturday at Grauman's Chinese Theatre doing Good Morning America's lead-up to the Oscar's show. My job was to unveil the Oscar presenter's gift bag: all I can say is - it doesn't suck to be a star. Presenters raked in $100K and nominees took home $75K in travel, spa, clothing, and food gift certificates. Plus the celebs received jewelery, wine, and a ton of gadgets. Here's a link to my ABCnews.com column highlighting all the gadgetry inthe gift baskets.
The most fun for me was closing the show with host, Bill Weir and ABC movie critic Joel Siegel: we had the little souvenir cement plaques from the theatre and put our handprints in them. After the show my dad called to tell me how excited my mom was: she thought I was really putting my handprints in the sidewalk at the theatre - CUTE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was googling my name and found out that you bear my name and have brought "Becky Worley" to public knowledge. Actually, a few friends here in Minnesota had heard you on TV about a year ago and told me about you. My husband and I recently came back from a trip to Hawaii where we spent a few days in Maui. I was born in Minnesota but spent my growing up years in Boston, early married life in London and now enjoy the leisurely life of the Land of 10,000 lakes. Greetings! Becky

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home